Dorothy is going home :) Yay!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

June 7th, 2007 1:06am

I stare at the sights before me.
I see bits of reality... some in clear light, some in shadow ...
Colours spanning gaudy golds to demure gray.
Some of what lies in the light doesn't look pretty,
Some shine bright and clear as day.
The dark, as always, scares me.
But I look around me .... and I see a million ways...

I breathe in deep ... "It's okay."

"This is where I am. This is what I have to do."

Remembering peaks conquered,
Dusting my butt from the times I trip and fall.
Being happy hereafter,
Breathing easy ... standing tall.

I clean the dust off my glasses,
Push stray curls out of my face.
I roll my sleeves past my elbows,
I set my jaw like Dorothy sez.

"What I have to make, I make with this and I start now."

I am alone, but it's okay.

3 comments:

opamp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
opamp said...

hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUoCggQZd0

from friends

...damn why don't you allow anonymous posts

Wildflower said...

dammit... who said what and went?

@opamp - the beatles always help. No? :)
thanks!

About Me

Mumbai, India
I've been trying to say something, but these words keep getting in the way.

They Were Here