Dorothy is going home :) Yay!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

double entendre

today a guy I hardly know told me he was scared. i didn't know if it was in place for me to ask, but I asked him why anyway.

he said it was because of the Virginia Tech massacre.

i thought i understood his fear. it could have been any one of us. i told him what i felt, that when i sat here and heard stories of bombs going off in trains back home, trains that people i love and i could have been on, i realize its the same everywhere.

there are angry people i said and they will try to hurt the innocent. 'cowards' i called them.
if our time's up we die, i said.

he looked at me with his gentle eyes and said, 'you don't understand me'.

i looked at him puzzled.

he said, "i'm scared people will hate me coz i'm asian"

the thought hadn't even occurred to me.

as the message screamed, barefaced, piercing through layers of delusion ... it got cold...
'there are angry people and they will try to hurt the innocent'

and thats how life's cycle completes itself.

No comments:

About Me

Mumbai, India
I've been trying to say something, but these words keep getting in the way.

They Were Here