Dorothy is going home :) Yay!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Curiouser and curiouser

There are moments in our lives when we want to be rescued. When we wait and pine for big strong arms to lift us and take us away into the sunset (yes... something like that...)

Anyway, thats not the point. The point is - there is someone to blame for us getting into this "I'm a damsel in distress come help me... saaave meee.... loooovveee me!!"

And the characters to be blamed for this in my case are primarily these chaps and this charlie here.

So anyway, between this one Dane and these Germans, I realize I have become rather, well how should we say this, "conditioned" to wanting to feel like being rescued when I am faced with a demon (which comes in many shapes and sizes might I add. The worst demons I know come with deadlines... brrr...)

ALSO, its their fault that I think life has to have a 'happily ever after' and that 'happily ever after 'comes only once you find the big arms (attached to a delicious boy ofcourse).

Anyway, I am sure over time I will forgive them and should I have children, I might even run to them for help on many a night... when I don't have an ounce of creative juice left in me. (Yeah like that could happen!!)





I know I rant... but the truth is that fairy tales are a way of life with me. Minus the flowing dresses and hair that stays in place even when being pursued by a dragon.

Let me prove it.

My life is like a fairy tale and the character I am is Alice.








Reasons why I am Alice:

1. There isn't a Prince Charming for miles around. There is however a possibly inebriated cat, a pillercatter with a predilection to dope, vowels and monosyllabls (always a dangerous mix), a perinnially late rabbit ...... well, you get the point.

2. Many a conversation I have with people ends up in a Caucus race and yes, I am supposed to have the prizes!

3. As an external observer of my life, you will be tempted to think that there is some patterning and symbolism to things.
There has to be some sort of an order to the chaos ... It must be there. But you just can't see it.

4. "I always give myself good advice, but I very rarely listen"

5. On a lighter note might I add... I am rather fond of tea.

6. Just when I think the ground is steady beneath my feet, it isn't.

7. When I think I am big and invincible, I shrink.

8. Mad hatters magnetize towards me.

9. I go looking for trouble.

10. Every night before I go to bed I find myself thinking, "It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change"

11. As Subbu Ray (Arjun's alias, for the mystified) is reminded time and again - every day is my (un)birthday.

12.
World in General: "Who... R ... U? "
Me: "Why, I hardly know, sir. I've changed so much since this morning, you see..."

Oh there must be a good moral to this... but I must go to bed.

No comments:

About Me

Mumbai, India
I've been trying to say something, but these words keep getting in the way.

They Were Here