Dorothy is going home :) Yay!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

come and gone

I have always wanted to be only so tired that the moment I touch my head to a pillow, I fall right asleep. I don't want to be too tired, then I cannot sleep. I only want to be so tired that I fall right to sleep, the moment my head touches the pillow.

Life never really stops at the moment I want it to. Neither does exhaustion.

Then there is love. Its incredible how I could have felt more loved when I was not told I was loved. There is usually love's first kiss and its almost always (at least in my case has been) the most perfect(est) moment(s) - under a starlit sky, on a beach - throw in a sunset for good measure maybe... and while its natural to wonder why the moment came to pass, I find myself wondering why the moment came about in the first place. See I think moments passed are memories made. Good stuff, you know what I mean. I have my memories, but I do wonder why the moment came about in the first place. Because now I feel let down. Not as loved as I thought I was loved. When I was not told I was loved.

Moments have an insane need to express themselves. When caught in one, I find its contagious.

Then there is time. Something I measure with everything but a watch. I measure two days as the duration it takes for my hair to frizz up from the conditioners anti-staticky effects wearing out. One hour is the time it takes to make fifteen dollars. Ten minutes the time it takes to make a cup of coffee - just right. Oh and the recent addition is worry lines... on my forehead. That is a measure of how much time I have wasted during the course of my life.

I am stuck in a moment when I am tired and no longer sleepy, exhausted and indifferen about being loved.
But I'm not worrying about it, which must mean time's standing still.

1 comment:

thebootlebumtrinket said...

I dont know whether its good to be indifferent about being loved, god knows it would save all of us a lot of trouble but you will always always be loved by people, animals, and the cosmos in general.

About Me

Mumbai, India
I've been trying to say something, but these words keep getting in the way.

They Were Here